Sr. Researcher, Live Action Physical Production
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What You'll Be Doing:
- Partner with cross-functional teams (including Business Stakeholders, Design, Product Management, Engineers, and Data Scientists) to develop, lead, execute, and socialize a roadmap of high-impact research initiatives.
- Engage internal and external partners worldwide to uncover pain points and unmet needs and translate them into actionable business recommendations.
- Ability to prioritize changing needs across the business to identify and prioritize impactful opportunities in an environment where balancing rigor with velocity is paramount.
- Ability to build trust and evangelize the role of research in environments without precedence of research culture.
- Identify opportunities to establish new points-of-views and capabilities that evolve our emerging enterprise research function.
- Serve as a partner for a growing design practice center, advising your colleagues on methodologies and best practices in implementing their own evaluative research
- Influence business decisions by encouraging creative thinking that creates major movement or shifts our direction, preventing us from making uninformed decisions or wasting resources, and improving the studio experience for our in-house and external partners.
The Ideal Background:
- 7+ years leading both qualitative & quantitative research supporting product development and business strategy.
- Effective verbal and written communication to distill complex multi-method research reports into understandable, compelling, and actionable insights.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to triangulate date and insights from multiple sources.
- Experience in or passion for the television and filmmaking industry.
- A degree in UX research, psychology, social sciences, or a related field is a plus but not required.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.