Director of Product Management, Promotional Media Algorithms
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What will you do?
- Craft and communicate a strategic vision and roadmap in building products and tools powered by computer vision, machine learning and graphics algorithms to increase artist productivity and allow them to focus on the creative aspects of their work, as well as improve the performance and effectiveness of creative outcomes.
- Partner closely with business stakeholders and relevant product and engineering teams to integrate work outputs into the content and asset production workflows.
- Work with senior management and executives to develop the vision for a data-driven Netflix Studio.
- Partner with the algorithm research team to point them toward business problems that could be well-solved through advancements in the state-of-the-art and then manage the “technology transfer” from the resulting work into new products and tools.
- Be an advocate for new technologies with artists and an advocate for artist experience with scientists and engineers working.
- Mentor and coach senior product managers.
- Connect advances in computer vision with opportunities to solve new problems in this space.
- Foster an inclusive environment, where all viewpoints are welcomed and encouraged.
- Think broadly about the Netflix business and contribute to efforts beyond your domain.
What we offer
- Opportunity to impact the business in a meaningful way. The Netflix product management model is different from most technology companies. Our key product management leaders - including this position - work with multiple sprint teams but do not have direct reports. Consequently, we’re looking for experienced product leaders who are strategic and also like rolling up their sleeves.
- Responsibility. Netflix offers true transparency and autonomy. Our culture is unique and is key to how we innovate.
- Freedom to innovate, solve interesting problems and influence in a fast paced, exciting environment.
- Work with smart people who love to solve hard problems, and who not only expect but also foster high performance.
- A work environment where you can grow your career. Many of our top execs started out as individual contributors.
What are we looking for?
- Proven record of successfully building and launching great products or platforms that have a significant algorithmic component and strategic ability to incorporate larger business context into algorithm development.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated leadership working effectively with data scientists, machine learning engineers, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present technical content to diverse non-technical audiences.
- Ability to partner with people from different parts of the company, in roles with grey areas in authority, to ensure that your solutions drive real business impact.
- Ability to prioritize well, manage a portfolio of bigger and smaller bets while balancing short-term goals and long-term vision.
- 5+ years experience in product management with a proven record of successfully launching products, or platforms. Preferably with experience leading enterprise or studio products.
- Proven track record of technical product innovation, identifying new opportunities and building them to scale.
- 5+ years of education and/or industry experience in an area related to computer vision and machine learning
- Post graduate education (MS or PhD) in a applied quantitative field such as : Machine learning, Computer Science, Operations Research, Math, Physics, Engineering, Economics or Statistics
- Exposure to the entertainment industry, or related products and solutions in the past is a huge plus.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Associate, Grocery Partnerships
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; New York City, NY; Se...