Manager, Studio Security Operations
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Manage the day-to-day security operations (production offices/stages) of assigned studios
- Drive multiple security projects effectively, including budget management, vendor management, and quality control to ensure security resources are delivering optimal service to Netflix
- Develop key cross-functional relationships with the Netflix Studio Operations team, the landlord and third-party security vendors; as well as ensuring cohesion across the site’s security and safety functions
- Provide additional training and support to the existing guard force.
- Develop Netflix assignment instructions, site incident management procedures and trackers for move-in/move-outs
- Liaise with individual productions, unit productions managers, and other creatives to ensure all productions have a commensurate level of security support at all times
- Support other Netflix Studios facilities and production sites across the Americas as needed.
- Support Event Security Team to ensure successful and quality screenings and events held at studio locations
- Coordinate security requirements with stage production staff and supervise audience screening procedures
- Assist with the design and implementation of production security awareness programs.
- Build and maintain partnerships with local and state law enforcement, federal agencies, third-party vendors and community organizations
- Provide clear context to the Manager (Studio) Physical Security Operations - UCAN, ensuring any challenges, concerns, or issues within the Studio Facilities are managed in a timely manner, in line with industry best practices
- Strong entertainment industry and/or studio security operations experience preferred. Similar fields in security management will be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) desired relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Solid understanding of the overall production lifestyle
- Team player with the capacity to effectively supervise several projects in a fast-paced environment
- Able to respond after-hours to important, timely or urgent matters as required
- Experience interacting with all levels of production company staff (ex. grips, executives, producers, talent representatives, post-production crews, creative teams)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to be discrete and handle confidential information
- Experience with various security technologies and systems (cameras, card readers, radios, etc.) a plus
- Experience with a studio expansion construction project, a plus
- Proven ability to lean into risk while also responding quickly and effectively to security, safety, and sensitive situations that arise
- Must be able to travel to sites in the Americas on short notice (up to 30-40%) in support of regional studio facilities and productions
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid