Product Reliability Engineer, Technical Project Management
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Manage complex and large-scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives.
- Drive projects related to growth, reliability, efficiency, security, performance, and overall health of tools/services/products/platforms/teams supported by Netflix Technology Operations.
- Apply systems analysis techniques to internal services at Netflix: including writing complex SQL statements and joins and creating visualizations to tell clear stories about complexities.
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships with business partners across Studio, Corporate, Security, Creative Production, Data Engineering, Analytical, Support teams, and others.
- Measure and track project performance using data, appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Facilitate and consult on roadmap prioritization of Netflix Technology organization.
- Be a bridge between support teams, partners, and stakeholders.
- Advocate for users and stakeholders by exposing friction and reliability concerns within the products that also drive pain for support teams.
- Learn new tools, systems, and technologies quickly as required by the particular project you work on.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Five or more years of Technical Project Management experience or relevant experience managing technical efforts.
- Five or more years of experience in insights gathering or analytics with hands-on expertise and a passion for research; certification/QA insights experience is a plus.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather and analyze various data points (qualitative and quantitative) and whittle that information down to the most salient insights for the business.
- Big data experience with extracting (e.g., SQL, Apache Spark, Python) and visualizing data (e.g., Tableau)
- Proven effectiveness at delivering impactful presentations/memos to a variety of audiences.
- Proven experience building productive relationships with partners and leaders across the organization.
- Ability to effectively debate and use data as the basis of your argument.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously without losing sight of key goals. Ability to drive teams/decisions through ambiguity.
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a wide variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Passionate, Proactive, Curious.
- Plus: Technical knowledge and understanding of security controls and solutions across security domains such as enterprise security, access management, including authentication and authorization, user/identity management, protocols and concepts (e.g., Single Sign-On), encryptions, vulnerability management, and network security.
- Plus: Technical knowledge and understanding of Corporate Enterprise technologies and solutions.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one