APAC Payroll Specialist
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Own the operational payroll process and delivery on the assigned countries
- Manage relationships with payroll providers and review the gross to net payroll to ensure legislative compliance to local labour laws and statutory requirements
- Ensure an accurate and timely payroll, including and not limited to base pay, stock compensation, payroll taxes, pension, statutory and supplemental benefits and any other pay items that affecting the employees’ net income or company liability
- Perform timely and accurate month-end close process for the payroll accounts, including confirming general ledger accuracy mapping to all pay elements, account reconciliations and accruals
- Collaborate cross-functionally on process improvements and efficiencies to eliminate manual processes
- Lead the payroll implementation process for new countries as needed
- Work on timely and correct tax filings and ensure tax obligations in local countries are met and implemented. Assist with internal and external payroll audits.
- Ensure ServiceNow mailbox queries are attended to and closing the tickets within the stipulated time frame
- Partner closely with our internal partners (HR / Employee Services / Finance / Tax) to provide employees with a first-class onboarding and payroll experience
- Knowledge of stock compensation and Sarbanes Oxley legislation would be beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Tax / Accounting (or similar field) preferred
- 5+ years of functional experience with international payroll processing and accounting
- Exposure to the new countries/entities payroll implementation process is a plus
- Intermediate to Advanced with Excel and Google products
- Strong communication skills, written/verbal, and ability to interact with employees at all levels, including upper management
- Fluent in English and another language is a plus, strong customer focus, results-oriented, attention to detail.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
The best bed for better sleep