Animation Screen Credits Coordinator
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Is this role the right fit for you?
- You’re currently in the animation field or have animation experience that spans 3+ years preferably in production, post, and/or a legal capacity.
- You have the ability to review and interpret legal contracts for contractual screen credit requirements. An integral part of our workflow is to understand and summarize agreements to create screen credit obligation statements and review contractual obligations against the main and end titles.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment with a far reaching impact. An essential part of our day-to-day is collaborating internally with teams such as Business & Legal Affairs, Creative, Production, Post, Labor, Music, Clearances, and Casting Admin and externally with Production, Post, and Outside Counsel throughout the life of the project regarding all aspects of screen credits including talent relations, contractual and Guild credit compliance.
- You strive for innovative solutions questioning the status quo. It’s easy to say NO, but instead why not find the path to yes?! Netflix thinks about credits differently with a focus on creative vision and flexibility; seeking solutions to contractual and guild credit restrictions.
Job responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Review and coordinate approval of main and end titles to ensure contractual and Guild compliance.
- Coordinate guild/union credit determinations, waivers and approvals as necessary. Important to maintain relationships with the guilds by operating in good faith to follow their credit requirements. We also don't want to get hit with any claims!
- Coordinate submission of WGA Notices of Tentative Writing Credits and manage the credit determination/arbitration process.
- Track a heavy volume of projects and ensure credits are delivered and approved within tight delivery deadlines.
- Educate and advise cross-functional partners on credits deal terms, precedents, best practices and guild/union requirements/restrictions. Things are ever evolving at Netflix, and making sure we’re aligned is the key to efficiency.
- Build and update forms and templates to improve the efficiency of the team. Great opportunity to bring your ideas to the table with a fresh perspective!
The successful candidate will also possess the following skills:
- Clear and concise communication - Are you the friend who coordinates plans with the focus of an air traffic controller?
- Keen attention to detail and good judgment - You love to dig into the specifics of a project with the eagle eye of an auditor, but know when to look at the big picture.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment - Do you thrive on taking ownership of your work and being a stunning reliable colleague?
- Flexible, innovative, and solution-driven team player - Do you love to brainstorm solutions when new challenges arise?
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one