Operations Specialist - Innovation & Product
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
The ideal candidate is someone who embodies the following:
- You are someone who is self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced environment, relying on your self-discipline and ability to set and meet simultaneous daily and long-term deadlines.
- You’re extremely curious, a strong communicator, detail-oriented, and able to grasp technical workflows quickly.
- You are excited to pioneer new processes in uncharted territory.
- You are a highly inclusive individual who is passionate about working with diverse groups and perspectives.
- Manage project tactics, workflows & operations of ongoing asset / data fulfillment needs related to A/B tests and other ongoing Product Innovation efforts.
- Demonstrate proactive, consistent, reliable and clear communication to all project stakeholders (including updating dashboards/trackers)
- Become well-versed and adept in the Netflix internal tooling ecosystem in order to set-up, ingest, track, approve/reject, and troubleshoot assets (artwork, metadata, video), as well as unique titles— thereby fulfilling vitally important campaign or A/B test needs.
- Troubleshoot asset-related issues and title-setup & availability issues with Engineering and Product Support teams
- Proactively advise partners on feasibility and/or risk factors for A/B test launches and special content experiences
- Identify and drive more optimized ways to deliver innovation assets
- Partner with stakeholders to standardize short & long term workflows for innovation initiatives that are being officially productized/operationalized
- Create, maintain and contribute to asset documentation (e.g. specs, workflow guides) for broader use
- Support testing of atypical tooling use-cases in partnership with Innovation partners
- Outsource and delegate operational work to external vendors when necessary
- With your peers, track and measure team performance and impact to determine opportunity areas. Use these perspectives & learnings to brainstorm recommendations and solutions.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 years experience in asset management, digital supply chain operations, or similar technical operations for media
- Background in entertainment or media (studio, creative agency, game studio, etc.)
- Proven experience with fulfilling and managing large sets of assets in complex asset / data management environments
- Highly comfortable learning and mastering new software/tools
- Can confidently connect the dots between seemingly disparate data and asset systems
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and willingness to pivot workflows as needed
- Adept at general project management capabilities, such: roadmapping & timeline management, and project health maintenance
- Strong knowledge of A/V and Artwork file types and specifications
- Superior asset and content management, problem-solving, project coordination skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Experience collaborating with different teams to successfully accomplish shared goals
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos