Senior Researcher, Editorial Strategy and Culture
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What you will do:
- Identify, prioritize, and lead a research roadmap that inspires fan and editorial strategies
- Partner with cross-functional teams and other Consumer Insights researchers in areas including Content, Marketing, Communications, Product, Design, Data Science, Social, and Brand to proactively develop research initiatives
- Synthesize and socialize global cultural insights to identify future-forward business opportunities
- Define, design, execute and socialize a range of research studies that build a strong understanding of existing and future audiences and their needs
- Immerse in new technologies and guide research that stays ahead of audience needs related to editorial engagement and experiences across platforms (e.g., listening, watching, and reading)
- Identify best practices in existing and emerging culture and foresight methodologies
- Think beyond the status quo and strong ability to use consumer insight to “look ahead” and envision what’s next
We Are Looking For:
- Demonstrable research experience with culture, fandom, audiences, content, or editorial
- Hands-on experience leading qualitative and quantitative research; a strong balance of creative and analytical skills with the ability to proactively define research questions, identify appropriate methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings
- A passion for translating findings into actionable strategic business recommendations
- Advanced degree in research, social sciences or related field, is preferred, but not required
- Global research experience is highly desired but not required
- Skilled communicator with a track record of successful collaborations
- An eagerness to understand a wide variety of subjects and aspects of culture today including entertainment, politics, technology, and more
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.