Synopsis Writer - Japan
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What Will Help You Succeed
- Deep content and cultural knowledge about Japanese media, including current trends in entertainment. Simply put, you’re a superfan who’s excited to write about film, anime and TV from the region — and help Netflix members around the globe get excited about it, too.
- Experience and comfort collaborating with multifaceted digital production teams.
- A love of language. Even though you’re an expert with deep knowledge, you’ll always write with an empathetic understanding of a broader audience in mind. You must be comfortable with rigorous editing, tight deadlines, and workshopping copy with a team of writers and editors.
- Flexibility and versatility as a writer. Whether the assignment at hand is a highbrow film, a blockbuster rom-com or an animated educational series for kids, you understand that different types of content should have copy tailored to their respective tones.
- A commitment to our team’s core values, like candid feedback, passion and curiosity.
- Native fluency in Japanese, which will be critical in understanding and evaluating Japanese-language content without subtitles
- A nuanced perspective on Japanese entertainment
- 5-10 years of relevant Japanese and English writing experience which can include: consumer-focused copywriting, social marketing, short-form digital, scriptwriting, and journalism
- Exceptional ability in short-form writing and editing
- Independent and self-motivated working style
- Understanding of AP style
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Recently published examples of film/television criticism or culture writing
- Experience working with global brands
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.