Senior Data Scientist - Growth Experimentation and Modeling
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Partner closely with Product Management leadership to design and analyze experiments that drive key product decisions.
- Proactively perform data exploration on user behavior to discover future testing opportunities.
- Build statistical models of user behavior in order to help optimize customer acquisition and retention.
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the company, clearly and concisely.
- Research the best metrics to measure user engagement.
- Lead the research and development of new experimentation methods and predictive modeling techniques that could sharpen or speed up decision making and move key metrics
- PhD or MS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics or related field- 3+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact
- Strong statistical knowledge and intuition - ideally utilized in A/B testing or other experimentation setting
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with distributed databases and query languages like Hive is a plus
- Strong data visualizations skills to convey information and results clearly
- Proficiency with a statistical analysis tool such as R or Python
- Deep product sense
- Ability to work independently and drive your own projects
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills- Impactful presentation skills in front of a large and diverse audience
- A fan of Netflix is a strong plus
A few more things to know:
- We expect a lot. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about [Netflix Culture](http://www.slideshare.net/reed2001/culture-1798664).
- We are a tight and driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work. We also support a balanced lifestyle.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit https://www.netflix.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Security Operations Engineer
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Business Analyst, Express Drive
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Quality Analyst & Researcher
Dataminr, London, UK
Airports & Venues Analyst
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Domain Expert, Japanese
Zuora, San Mateo, CA