Ad Lab, Creative Strategist
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
In this role you will…
- Lead creative tests end-to-end in partnership with Creative Leads, Data Strategy, Marketing, Growth Advertising, Brand, and Creative Production
- Develop and take ownership of the strategic intent, objectives, and creative insights that inform our creative tests, while ensuring that the tests align with the Creative Lab’s learning agenda priorities
- Pose thought-provoking questions that challenge the way Netflix approaches promotional creative
- Inform, inspire, and guide creative ideation through insights-driven consumer research, cultural research, brand/product truths, and media opportunities
- Work closely with creatives throughout the creative development process to craft assets based on hypotheses and learnings of what works best for the audience or media touchpoint
- Work closely with the Creative Strategy Manager to set ongoing testing priorities, direct cultural and consumer research initiatives, and recommend new types of testing methodologies
- Collaborate with data strategists to interpret and disseminate learnings that will shape how partners internally/externally approach promotional creative
- Be a creative insights thought-leader on a new and growing experimentation team at Netflix, continuously inspiring the team with new trends and consumer behaviors
- You are a left and right-brain thinker. You can balance making effective creative that drives measurable results, while being protective of creative integrity and instinct
- You are a swiss-army knife of strategic disciplines. You know brand strategy as much as you know business strategy. You are as keen on cultural insights as much as you are with designing your own consumer research. This is reflected in your problem-solving approach.
- Background in creative strategy at a creative agency, consulting firm or brand
- Passion for partnering closely with creatives at every step of the journey, including initial hypotheses, creative brief, ideation, asset development and test design
- Must be highly collaborative and able to partner cross-functionally with growth marketers, brand marketers, regional marketers, and media strategists
- Outstanding story-telling, communication, presentation and people skills
- Passion for content, art, new media and/or entertainment
- Experience with global, multi-market creative and/or advertising work
- Curiosity for new ways of experimenting with creative on social channels and beyond
- Hunger to understand the “why” behind creative effectiveness
- Excitement for breaking convention and asking “what are we not doing yet that we should be doing?”
- Experience with creative testing, including A/B testing
- Experience running creative workshops
- Experience designing research and working with research vendors
- Experience working on consumer focused technology, entertainment, and/or gaming brands
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.