Director, Editorial & Publishing, Genre Audiences
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Manage and inspire the existing genre audience teams: Netflix Film, Netflix is a Joke and Netflix Geeked (all primarily based in Los Angeles) and Netflix Anime (based in Japan) and The Swoon (based in Korea)
- Drive decision making, planning and launching of any new genre based audience teams
- Lead strategic frameworks, goal setting (including growth goals) and brand management across genre audiences. Synthesizing overall business objectives, editorial/creative perspective, and audience needs to drive strategies and tactics that optimize outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Build cross functional relationships with Marketing, Content and Comms leadership to align and drive the overall Netflix business
- Partner with internal insights and analytics teams to size, develop appropriate distribution plan, and gain a deep understanding of audience viewing and social patterns, optimize current audience engagement strategies, and surface untapped opportunities
- Stay ahead of audience habits and see “around corners”; the ideal candidate understands today’s entertainment and media landscape and inspires their teams to craft strategies to effectively capitalize on emerging consumer trends and tastes.
- Inspire creative excellence & risk taking with the goal of igniting the passion and energy of our communities
- Budget & resource management
The ideal candidate is/has
- 10+ years of editorial or entertainment media experience
- Leadership, hiring and team/department management experience
- Deep understanding leading within a global company and management and working with global teams across different time zones
- Deep knowledge of social platforms and creative excellence
- Strong collaboration skills, with demonstrated experience aligning cross-functional teams toward common objectives
- A highly effective and inspiring communicator, both written and verbal
- A film, TV, and social media native with a pop culture orientation — consumes and enjoys entertainment and social media as a user themselves
- Experience presenting / socializing insights to varied audiences at all levels, both internal and external, including talent, filmmakers and industry representatives
- High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Operational excellence, including the ability to problem solve and bring scale to both your work and the work of your team so change can happen quickly, repeatedly and efficiently
- Ability to imagine and interpret problems and opportunities that we must tackle in the future. Ability to define these problems and opportunities for our business and connect that to the day to day work
- Ability to operate effectively within our unique company culture
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
See jobs at Bluecore