Director, Production Safety (UCAN)
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Lead and develop a team of production safety professionals that support all Production verticals in UCAN .
- Partner with our HR, Legal, Studio Operations, Corporate and Risk Management teams
- Provide innovative and effective input to develop the Netflix Global approach and tools for Production Safety
- Mindfully implement key elements of the worldwide approach to Production Safety within UCAN .
- Oversee localisation of the global approach to ensure impact and compliance to relevant legislative and industry requirements.
- Oversee the development of unique solutions where needed - aligning with the global safety approach as appropriate.
- Work with Production Partners to establish appropriate levels of Production Safety support for different producing arrangements and risk profiles of productions
- Respond to, and review incidents of note and support a response in a timely manner as needed (dependant upon the nature and potential impact off an incident)
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, employee representatives and governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate
- Support with the development of the informal worldwide network of the production safety team to share knowledge and learning.
- Strong safety system/program development and deployment experience with a multinational company that has experienced rapid growth.
- Master's Degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Studies, Physical Sciences, related major or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience managing complex projects across multiple international locations
- Understanding of motion picture and television production process including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt, and special effects techniques, etc. is a plus
- Experience partnering with risk managers, loss control executives and insurance underwriters to resolve loss prevention issues
- Experience of partnering and engaging with risk owners to fully understand safety considerations within an overall decision making process
- Ability to quickly recognize and resolve challenging safety issues that arise during the course of normal production activities
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Chartered IOSH Membership or other related certification a plus
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
The social news and entertainment company.