Workplace Operations Specialist - Amsterdam
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Coordinate day-to-day workplace activities of general repairs and maintenance including HVAC, FLS, utilities, pest control, janitorial, plants, furniture, and equipment set-ups.
- To direct and supervise the implementation of an effective work order and trouble report systems together with other day-to-day works of general maintenance are carried out efficiently.
- Work collaboratively with vendors to ensure all necessary planned and preventative maintenance is undertaken, aiming to minimise downtime within the workplace
- Set up new vendors for outsourced services, send out RFPs and constantly strive to look to improve on our operational services.
- Develop strong working relationships with related vendors, maintaining strong communication
- Confirm accuracy on finance operation, compare costs for goods and services against industry averages.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations for maintenance operations systems and equipment.
- Maintain ownership and responsibility of the Workplace Operational services, always ensuring a safe and productive working environment.
- Collaborate with H&S and Corporate Security teams to ensure environmental health, safety and security compliance across all sites.
- Assign, monitor, and complete employee requests via helpdesk ticketing system. Update the Operations logbook, expenses and create PO and track requests.
- Assist with implementing all projects of repairs and maintenance with both efficiency and cost saving.
- Maintain contact with local authorities such as fire brigade, electricity supply sources, water supply, city building and health inspectors, etc., to ensure that all requirements are being complied with advice and assistance.
- Work closely with all applicable Stakeholders to ensure that all Capex/ Opex projects are coordinated and managed efficiently.
- Be part of the Emergency Response Team (ERT training will be provided).
- Assisting with proper snagging and official takeover of Opex/ Capex projects, and future office openings (together with D&C).
- Stay current on latest building and design techniques to ensure optimum project standards and delivery.
- Support any office moves, coordinating and executing smooth transitions from start to finish
- Assist with construction/build projects, as well as the coordination of special events
- Experience in a similar position for a minimum of 5 years is needed to be successful in this role
- Strong building maintenance, mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Friendly and professional disposition, with the ability to maintain successful relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Self motivated and proactive, hands-on, and not afraid to tackle any problem however big or small
- Demonstrable problem solving skills with the ability to be resourceful and proactive
- Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, fluid environment
- Knowledge and proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs etc
- Flexible and willing to sometimes work outside of the usual office hours
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Netflix Culture
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos