Machine Learning Intern
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Currently enrolled PhD or MS student in the Machine Learning space, and you should still be enrolled after the internship ends.
- Experience with at least one of the following ML areas: Personalization & Recommender Systems; Computer Vision, Graphics, Natural Language Understanding & Multimodal ML; Search & Conversational AI; Fairness, Accountability & Transparency; Causal Inference & Modeling; Reinforcement Learning & Bandits; ML for Systems, Productivity & Operations; or ML Platform & Infrastructure. More details about each of these areas at Netflix can be found here.
- Experience programming in at least one language (e.g. Python, Scala, Java or C/C++).
- Curious, self-motivated, and excited about solving open-ended challenges at Netflix.
- Great communication skills, both oral and written.
Nice to have:
- Past publications in relevant conferences or journals.
- Comfortable with distributed computing environments such as Spark or Presto.
- Comfortable with software engineering best practices (e.g. version control, testing, code review, etc.)
In order for your application to be considered complete:
- You will be sent an Airtable form shortly after you submit your application on our careers site; your application will not be considered complete until you fill out and submit this form.
- Include a Resume or CV with complete contact information (email, phone, mailing address) and a list of relevant coursework and publications (if applicable).
- In the Airtable form, you will be asked to select exactly one ML area (read about our ML areas here) for your potential internship. This will be used to map your application to particular teams & projects.
- You will be asked to include a short (max one page) statement describing your research experiences and interests, and (optionally) their relevance to Netflix Research. For inspiration, have a look at the Netflix research site.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one