Manager, Production Finance - Spain
Netflix, Madrid, Spain
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Work effectively and decisively within the Netflix team to manage third party production companies who are producing Netflix local content.
- Closely align with Physical Production, Post Production, VFX, Business and Legal Affairs, and Content teams to manage cost controls and production processes. Knowledge and familiarity with each of these workflows is important.
- Ability to analyze a production budget from overall spend to individual rates.
- Oversee timely and comprehensive budgeting and cost reporting throughout the life-cycle of a production to ensure proper financial management.
- Implementation of best practices of financial control and cash management for our partners.
- Provide insightful production and financial analysis for our producing partners
- Research or have knowledge of local production capacity (stages, vendors, equipment, crewbase)
- Understanding of financial landscape in key markets (banking, accounting, compliance, etc)
- Work with studio finance support teams including Legal, Tax, Content Planning and Content Accounting to collaboratively apply expertise towards the Spain business.
- Manage cash flow, forecasting, and funding processes for the Spanish shows
- Translate and integrate production costs from regional production accounting systems into Netflix internal reporting applications
- Track any applicable production incentives and tax receivables
- Work with our financial engineers develop and test the next generation of production finance tools and apps
- When needed, travel to the Netflix AMS/LA office to stay current on company and team strategy
- Be an advocate of the Netflix Culture
- 7+ years financial executive experience (production finance and/or controlling) in the TV/Film industry
- Knowledge of Accounting (Spain and US Gaap) and Budgeting (MMB) systems
- Strong understanding of all of the financial elements needed to bring an original production to life. An ideal candidate needs to be familiar with everything included in a production budget. There is an emphasis on production in Production Finance.
- Broad understanding of regional financial production practices, incentives and government regulations as related to film/TV production.
- Understanding of local payroll, tax, banking, and invoicing processes.
- Understanding of production service/commissioning contracts is a plus.
- Candidates must thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on action and generating results
- Professional communication skills are critical
- Must exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis utilizing financial applications
- College/University degree in accounting or finance preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Help the world share their story