Senior Research Scientist, Search and Recommendations
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of research experience with a track record of delivering quality results.
- Expertise in machine learning spanning supervised and unsupervised learning methods.
- Experience in successfully applying machine learning to real-world problems.
- Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods.
- Strong software development experience in languages such as Scala, Java, Python, C++ or C#.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal.
- PhD or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field.
Preferred, but not required, additional areas of experience:
- Experience as a technical leader.
- Experience working with cross functional teams.
- Experience in Search, Recommendations, Natural Language Processing, Knowledge Graphs, Conversational Agents, and Personalization.
- Experience with Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, and PyTorch.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and large web-scale distributed systems.
- Experience in applied research in industrial settings.
- Open source contributions.
- Research publications at peer reviewed journals and conferences on relevant topics.
- Challenges in Search on Streaming Services: Netflix Case Study
- Recommendations and Results Organization in Netflix Search
- Netflix Research site
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
The social news and entertainment company.