Revenue Operations Accountant
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Perform detailed review of subscriber billings to ensure proper treatment under both US GAAP and local GAAP.
- Work closely with the Gift card team to perform due diligence for launches in new territories.
- Collaborate with our international finance and international tax teams to bridge US GAAP and Statutory/Local reporting requirements.
- Work closely with Global Payments, Treasury, and Data Analytics teams across the globe to understand cash flow timing, management, and reconciliation, as well as the payment processor deals and fee structures.
- Perform detailed tracking and analysis of cash receipts and collaborate with internal accounting teams to ensure proper treatment under US GAAP.
- Perform accounting-related functions surrounding booking fees, reclass adjustments, FX adjustments, reasonableness review, and monthly account reconciliations.
- Exhibit a strong understanding of end-to-end processor integrations and internal data flows.
- Drive operational process improvements.
QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Self-motivated and dedicated; able to work and problem-solve independently.
- A great communicator who can cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with internal teams and external partners.
- Proactive and contributive; takes initiative and follows-through reliably.
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritising and meeting multiple tight deadlines.
- Intellectually curious and passionate; our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all.
- Comfortable with Ambiguity.
- Organized, detail oriented, and a speedy learner; you can be successful on our team if you're excited about learning, focused on becoming an expert in the areas you support, and have the drive to succeed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience - public accounting or in-house/corporate accounting are both great
- Advanced Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
- Proven project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
BONUS EXPERIENCE - NOT REQUIRED BUT ARE A PLUS!
- Experience in tech or subscription-based model
- Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.