Senior Research Scientist, ML for Personalization
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with a track record of delivering quality results
- Strong software design and development experience in languages such as Scala, Java, Python, C++ or C#
- Experience in successfully building systems for and applying machine learning to real-world problems
- Expertise in machine learning spanning supervised and unsupervised learning methods
- Experience with parallel and distributed computing
- Experience with large-scale data frameworks such as Spark, Hive, or Hadoop
- Great interpersonal skills
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
Preferred, but not required, additional areas of experience:
- Recommendation Systems, Personalization, or Search
- Deep Learning, Causal Inference, Bandits, or Reinforcement Learning
- Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods
- Optimization algorithms and numerical computation
- TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Cloud computing platforms and large web-scale distributed systems
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.