Associate, Strategy Planning & Analysis - Public Policy
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
RESPONSIBILITIES - A sample of work could include:
- Preparing deal valuation analyses (rights valuation, model building, scenario testing etc.) in partnership with the Public Policy and Business and Legal Affairs teams
- Quantifying the financial impact of regulatory changes to our business
- Developing strategic frameworks to guide decision making and prioritization
- Regularly present analyses and reports on financial impact in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
- Compiling post-mortem analyses to identify areas for optimization and improvement
- Working cross-functionally with other Strategy and Finance teams across EMEA region as well as globally
QUALIFICATIONS - A successful candidate possesses:
- Netflix is growing fast with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate will be prepared to regularly “roll up their sleeves” to perform more mundane tasks on the same day that they present to the executives of the company.
- Curiosity, motivation, discipline, and the ability to work autonomously
- An ability to remain highly organized in a loosely structured, fast-paced environment
- Interest in the entertainment industry (film, television, music)
- Superb financial modeling skills with extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, and an ability to sort through complex data to crystallize business implications
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build relationships with people across all levels and an present complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or another relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
- Prior experience (at least 3 years) in management or economic consulting, investment banking, or an equivalent analytical role
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid