Director of Engineering, Content Acquisition and Finance Controllership Systems
Netflix, Remote, United States
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
As a Director of Engineering you will:
- Drive success in a flat organization with minimal process and a heavy emphasis on individual responsibility.
- Support your team by helping them understand priorities and enabling them to ignore distractions and non-productive influences
- Be an exemplar of Netflix culture
- Build an inclusive team culture and inspire your high performing engineers to achieve their full potential
- Coach, mentor and grow the next line Managers
- Understand the business and build domain expertise in functions relevant to your systems
- Build strong and trusting partnerships with Product Managers and Business stakeholders.
- Contribute towards the broader FinTech strategy and goals.
You have experience with (Must Haves):
- Leading or developing enterprise Financial systems and applications.
- Microservices architecture.
- Ability to review and critique engineering design and architectural decisions.
- Managing mid-sized teams with next line managers.
- Ability to hire leaders and engineers and build strong inclusive teams.
- Strong Product and Finance/Accounting thinking, and strong engineering partner to the Finance organisation.
- Finance Systems role in automating Finance/Accounting workflows
- Executive presence in interactions with senior leadership (VP/C-Staff).
- Ability to build trusting partnerships with partner technical teams.
- Passion and curiosity to learn and contribute towards the broader FinTech strategy and goals across Netflix
You have experience with (Nice to Haves):
- Geo distributed teams
- Amazon Web Services
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.