Experimentation & Causal Inference Intern
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
We are looking for individuals with the following qualifications:
- Pursuing a PhD, entering 3rd year or later in Fall 2022, at an accredited university and authorized to work as a summer intern in the USA.
- Engaged in relevant research into online experimentation, sequential experimentation, adaptive experimentation, causal inference, or a related area.
- Experience programming in R and/or Python.
- Curious, self-motivated, and excited about solving open-ended challenges at Netflix.
- Great communication skills, both oral and written.
Nice to have:
- Past publications in relevant conferences or journals.
- Comfortable with SQL.
- Experience with version control systems such as git.
What will you learn and do?
- You will learn about real-life decision-making challenges at Netflix, and help us develop innovative solutions.
- You will learn broadly about how the Data Science and Engineering (DSE) department at Netflix strengthens and helps optimize all aspects of our global entertainment business.
- You will collaborate with stunning colleagues in the Data Science & Engineering organization and beyond.
- You will hone your skills manipulating and applying inference methods to truly massive data sets.
- You will have the opportunity to present your work at key internal forums within Netflix.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid
Tech Jobs For You
Gateway Sustainability Software Engineer
Braintree Payments, Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Phoenix, AZ, Remote