Manager, Technical Operations
Netflix, Mumbai, India
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the day to day technical, operational and engineering management of our Mumbai Post Production Facility.
- Build and develop a team of Avid Techs, House Engineers and Dailies Operators
- Define, refine and evolve the facility’s creative and technical operations.
- Develop a culture of high performance, collaboration, and service.
- Partner closely with Client Services to ensure an optimum client experience for the Filmmakers and Productions using our facilities.
- Provide workflow expertise, knowledge, and guidance to the Filmmakers, content partners, and creative artists who are using our specialist rooms.
- Provide real world perspective, setting the context, parameters and business requirements for our partners in the Studio and Product Teams to provide Tier 2 & 3 level of support.
- Partner closely with our Engineering stakeholder teams to develop and evolve tools, platforms, and workflows that meet the challenges and demands of the business in future state.
- Ensure the technical Facilities are fully optimized to meet current and future creative and technical requirements by partnering closely with our internal engineering teams. Track feedback and service improvement requests from our stakeholders and create virtuous cycles of service improvement through constant assessment and adjustment of best practices.
- 10+ years of experience in Post Production, at a Facility and/or Studio, with specialization in Offline editorial and Dailies
- Strong relationships and hands-on knowledge of key Industry Manufacturers, their tools and software, such as Avid, Black Magic Resolve, Baselight, ProTools and Colorfront.
- Understanding of networking (switched IP protocols, DNS, ports), network storage and workstation architectures and how they relate to and optimize post production workflows and media management.
- Experience and expertise across Windows, Mac, Linux operating systems and workstation hardware, workstation hardware (GPU’s, memory, etc..), MS Server, and Google Apps for Business.
- Experience with and ability to respectfully, but authoritatively, engage with creative executives and content creators.
- Ability to manage and operate in ambiguous situations and think on your feet to solve challenges and problems.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to socialize, explain and “sell” new and complex technology, tools and workflows.
- Deep knowledge of content creation and post production workflows.
- Proven track record of innovation, initiative, ideation and implementation.
- Proven abilities to embrace, drive and enable change management.
- Experience with instituting quality management frameworks and process improvement.
- Experience working with diverse teams across multiple functions, skills and locations.
- Strong organizational skills with a proactive mentality, positive orientation and outlook.
- Ability to respond after-hours for important, timely, or urgent matters.
- Team-player who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented setting.
- Ability to handle a heavy volume of work, supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
- Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.
Tech Jobs For You
Engineering Director, Reporting, Insights and Prediction
Spot Hero, Chicago, IL, United States, Toronto, Ontario, Canada