AV Engineer, Builds
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Work closely with the larger AV team, space planning teams, and other cross functional employees to define the technical requirements for a space.
- Assist in the design, build, and management of conference rooms, training spaces, specialty spaces, and screening rooms.
- Research and develop the best video conference experience from the ground up with consideration for scalability and rapid deployment.
- Provide Tier 2/Tier 3 troubleshooting support when equipment issues are escalated.
- Work closely with the support team to determine trends and iterate on designs to improve stability.
- Foster the partnership with Google to troubleshoot CFM issues and add features to improve the user experience.
- Assist in the development of processes and standards for conference room designs and support across several different environments.
- Clearly communicate and document processes to team, vendors, and partners.
- Minimum 5 years experience with AV design and deployment. CTS, CTS-D certifications desired.
- Experience designing and building meeting spaces from the ground up including acoustics, lighting, and technology.
- Background in corporate conference room technology.
- Experience with designing around Chromebox for Meetings preferred.
- Understanding of networking technology, video transmission over network and audio/video signal flow.
- Experience working with Crestron equipment, audio DSP’s and Dante/AES microphone systems.
- Demonstrated project management experience with large projects, organizational skills and an ability to maintain and create standards.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter who can initiate ideas and take ownership of work.
- Experience working with and managing various vendors, suppliers and integrators.
- Able to prioritize tasks and projects, forecast upcoming project needs.
- Open to international and domestic travel.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world