Ratings Strategist - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Vet upcoming slates of titles’ ratings for accurate maturity ratings, content advisories, and local sensitivities
- Communicate ratings information and rationale to Content and Comms, especially for high-profile titles
- Consult with Metadata Analysts on the factors that go into rating titles
- Advise on the appropriateness of trailers, imagery, and other supplemental materials
- Manage projects related to locally relevant and scalable output of maturity ratings and content advisories, including but not limited to title classification, rule management, board submissions, and quality assessment.
- Identify where ratings requirements of regulatory bodies and consumer expectations around content sensitivities can be addressed via workflows, processes, or tooling.
- Draft documentation that describes problem, scope, and product requirements needed to execute strategic ratings initiatives.
- Liaise between multiple function areas, conveying expectations around requirements, priorities, costs/benefits, risks, and efficiencies.
- Develop subject matter expertise and train partners and teammates on ratings tools and workflows
- Assist with limited, ad hoc data needs in the region, ensuring accurate communication of conclusions and caveats.
- 5+ years in relevant fields, such as Content Classification, Content Moderation, Content Strategy, Standards & Practices, Crisis Response, Policy/Legal Operations, Trust & Safety
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with several partners and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Great judgement and decisiveness when dealing with timely, deadline-driven, content-related issues and concerns
- Consistent record of developing and implementing processes and solutions for a high volume of content at a global scale.
- An aptitude for analyzing trends in data, both qualitative and quantitative, to gain and communicate insights in a digestible manner.
- Demonstrated data fluency; comfortable with large datasets, constructing queries, designing data visualizations and extracting meaning from your analysis.
- Experience working with databases, information management systems, keywords/metadata, and/or rule-based categorization models.
- Proficiency in languages other than English is a plus
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.