Senior Machine Learning Scientist, Content Programming and Audience
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
In this role, you will:
- Be part of a team of best in class ML practitioners working on understanding how our content translates to revenue for Netflix
- Develop ML models to support decisions by our finance and content teams- striving to answer the question, how can we create content that will continue to bring joy to our members?
- Build robust causal models utilizing both external and internal data
- Collaborate with analytics engineers and software engineers to translate your models into internal products that inform key decision-makers across the company
- Develop data-driven approaches to understand the relationship between subscribers and content
- Expose data and model predictions in a way that augments human expertise and informs decision-making
- Communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences, including executive leadership
- MS or Ph.D. in Economics, Computer Science, Cognitive Science or other related quantitative discipline with a strong foundation in statistics
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on expert-level practitioner of machine learning
- You have built large-scale production ML models and systems
- Strong coding experience in Python and SQL with experience with open source ML packages
- Track record of innovation and having taken large machine learning-based products and features from conception to successfully delivering value to customers in production
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to translate business context and intuition into data-oriented hypotheses to drive impact
- You care deeply about the science being right, and equally as passionate about the translation to actionable insights
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one