Senior Software Engineer Content Health & Experience
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
As a member of this team, you will:
- Design, implement and support large scale, robust systems in a critical part of the stack that supports content needs enabling amazing story telling
- Interact with cross functional partners in content, analytics, product management and machine learning & software engineers to ensure we’re always surfacing Netflix catalog in the best way for each member
- Participate in system design to ensure our systems scale with the evolving product complexity, growing catalog and our global member base
- Work in a fast-paced and are excited at the prospect of having a significant impact on software that over 200 million subscribers use and love
Who you are
- You are curious about discovering new and better ways to solve problems.
- You are empathetic to stakeholder challenges.
- You aim for broad, optimal solutions while solving the practical task at hand.
- You proactively make your team and the product you work on better as you go.
- You are excited to work in a multidisciplinary environment (engineering, algorithms, data engineering/science, product experimentation).
- You have a passion to define and drive engineering initiatives to improve scalability, reliability and quality.
- You can smoothly handle multiple projects.
- You are comfortable driving clarity in projects with ambiguous requirements.
- Strong coding skills, preferably Java
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with engineering and operating large-scale distributed systems
- Strong software architecture & design skills
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Experience leading projects with complex requirements and multiple cross functional stakeholders
Nice to have
- Experience with content discovery, personalization, recommendations
- Experience with real time event streaming systems like Kafka and Flink
- Experience operating services in AWS or other cloud providers
- Read more about our values here
- Meaningful work: You will directly enable and accelerate Netflix’s ability to innovate globally
- Impact: You will help shape the future of an industry
- Freedom & Responsibility: Our roles are not circumscribed, so we not only have the freedom to use our judgment to make Netflix better without permission, but are encouraged to
- Stunning colleagues: Work with amazing talent on every project
- Inclusive: We embrace different backgrounds, perspectives, and styles because it helps us make better decisions
- Growth: Learn from other selfless Netflixers and mentor others
- Rigor: Our decisions are informed by a mix of good judgment and data
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one