Taxonomist, Studio Support
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Defining new and developing current taxonomies and metadata related to both the technical and creative attributes for AV, still image and data assets.
- Surveying and interviewing stakeholders and observing current workflows.
- Reconciling disparate taxonomies and metadata across teams.
- Auditing existing taxonomies and improving their efficiency.
- Ensuring metadata is defined such that its integrity will not be compromised by cultural bias.
- Working with subject matter experts to define workflows and standards for metadata application.
- Working closely with engineering partners to identify solution requirements, including intuitive UI for metadata application.
- Evangelizing the importance of the adoption of common taxonomies.
- Working with team experts to develop training materials and sessions.
- Establishing a governance framework for taxonomies.
- Establishing maintenance systems for taxonomies.
- Creating and maintaining documentation to support taxonomies.
- Reviewing other taxonomies and collaborating with Taxonomy Team colleagues.
- Experience defining and developing taxonomy and metadata schemas
- Experience working with assets created during Live Action and Animation Studio Production and managing them in a DAMS, MAMS or similar systems
- Experience working in a high-volume content environment
- Experience working with systems shared across internal teams and vendors
- Experience establishing a governance system
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and presentation
- Able to work with and manage multiple stakeholders expectations and priorities
- Ability to set goals and work independently in a highly cross-functional, non-hierarchical workplace
- Ability to influence across various function groups
- Experience working in a global context
- Familiarity with software development cycles and practices
- Comfortable learning new technologies
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and able to be flexible and resilient
Nice to Have:
- BS in related fields: Data Management, Computer Science, Library & Information Science
- Experience working with virtual workflow and diagramming software
- Interest in Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence capabilities
- Interest in Information Architecture, User Experience and/or Human Computer Interaction
- Experience with Rights Management
- Experience with Multilingual Taxonomies
- Familiarity with Ontologies
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.