Data Center Deployment Engineer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Project Management - Own deployment planning and execution for new and existing Netflix Open Connect data center points of presence.
- Communicate with various internal stakeholder teams and external vendor teams to orchestrate each deployment.
- Specify and/or order structured cabling and other build materials required for a successful deployment.
- Write detailed, yet concise scopes of work for each physical deployment, effectively communicating the work to be completed by remote hands.
- Monitor and mitigate potential risks proactively to deliver flawlessly and on time.
- Select and manage hands-on remote vendors, and facilitate onsite configuration and troubleshooting.
- Improve processes and workflows continuously, all while motivating those around you to do their best work.
- Become conversant in Open Connect hardware and network roadmap.
- Document installations -- elevations, power consumption, cabling deployed, and other relevant site-specific info.
- Assist with troubleshooting issues in data centers.
- Remotely configure data center hardware (servers, network appliances, etc.) for operations, including firmware installation/updates/settings, IP addressing, and other I/O settings.
- Project management experience, with a nimble and creative approach.
- Understanding of power standards and related mathematics - kW power/heat load and its relation to voltage and amperage, applications of single-phase, three-phase, DC, etc.
- Working understanding of high power optics and attenuation related to DWDM systems.
- Understand the usage of patch panels, fiber optic connectors, optic types, and form factors. Know the difference between LC, SC, MTP, CFP2, QSFP, SFP+, and RTFM
- Thrive in a high-performance, fast-paced environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills both in person and digitally.
- Excellent time management and the ability to work independently.
- Work flexible hours to support global time zones and team on-call, when needed.
- Willing and able to Travel Globally on occasion.
- 3+ years of experience with technical project management of operational deployments in a large network.
- Experience automating and building tools Python, Go, Java, etc.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.