Program Manager - Content Hub Onboarding
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Netflix is quickly growing into one of the world’s most prolific entertainment studios in the world, with nearly 900 original productions slated for 2018. Our movies and shows are underway all over the globe, wherever great storytellers are positioned to make engaging content. To support Netflix’s large scale, global production slate, we are building a suite of world-class production asset management tools with integrated workflow systems. The days of LTO tapes and remote desert vaults are behind us. Our entirely cloud-based system will be the technical infrastructure on which Netflix receives and catalogs all material used in the post production process.
Your new team is composed of standout engineers, specialists and relationship managers that act as pioneer-consultants to the Film and Television industry. We focus on guiding the global entertainment industry supply chain beyond broadcast standards and into the new era of film and television consumption. You will be the externally facing technical partner for Content Hub with creative and technical facilities supporting Netflix Original Productions. Your mission will be to ensure smooth adoption of the platform by the post production industry. You will build out and oversee a Content Hub vendor program intended to identify the strongest post partners from a technical perspective, while also making sure the facilities that do not immediately qualify have a clear and defined path towards qualification. As the chief evangelist of the Content Hub tool to the industry, you will also represent the platform at industry events, trade shows, and on the Netflix Help Center
and Tech Blog
To be successful in the opportunity, you’ll need to have a deep understanding of production/post production workflows, the ability to lead technical operations of the onboarding process, communicate challenges back to the development teams, champion and lead external change management within the industry, and bring innovation leadership to improve well established workflows. You will also need to have an appreciation for scale matching the business’s desire for accelerated platform penetration. This is not a position for the faint of heart, it involves encouraging adoption in an industry that is often constrained by bandwidth, budgets and time. You will need to be a helpful resource for practical solutions, an advocate for efficient change, and a clear communicator of future visions. You will be an instrument for change, a voice for the future and a leader among an outstanding group of engineers and technicians.
Key Attributes / Requirements:
- Deep understanding of Post-Production, Asset Management, API Implementations and Production workflows.
- 10+ years experience working at a creative post-production lab building workflows.
- Strong desire to be a recognized industry leader in the asset management and workflow design with a bias toward innovation.
- Track record of building and growing symbiotic relationships with 3rd party companies.
- Willingness and aptitude to educate both internal and external entities with varying degrees of knowledge in the technical aspects of Asset Management, post-production workflows.
- Simplicity seeking in finding solutions to complicated problems.
- Ability to stay highly aligned with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, especially with regards to project management.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.