Manager of Consumer Products - Japan
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What you will do:
- Own retail and licensing strategy for all CP categories (excluding publishing & interactive) in Japan, while collaborating with the LA-based global and regional CP teams on global partnerships.
- Develop title strategy in partnership with Content and go-to-market plans by title (consumer, trade and retail marketing) with Partners, achieving a balance between driving consumer demand (a proxy for fan joy) and delivering meaningful revenue.
- Lead all Japan-related CP efforts and communications internally across Netflix and proactively drive ex-Japan business opportunities for Japanese content in partnership with global and regional stakeholders.
- Be an internal and external champion of the opportunity and vision with regards to our licensing strategy and push for innovation in partner selection, product development, line planning, business models, strategic partnerships, etc.
- Develop and implement a retail strategy for cross-channel growth in Japan (including e-commerce).
- Build relationships across the creative collaborator community and be our pulse of product trend culture in Japan.
- Manage Netflix licensing agency relationships in Japan as the direct liaison.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams.
What we need from you:
- Demonstrated, 8+ years of experience in building and owning the end-to-end licensing and/or retail function at a reputable brand (entertainment studio, retailer, gaming, agency). Cross-functional, brand partnership/strategy, or general management experience is also welcome.
- Experience and knowledge of anime CP is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree (preferred).
- Experience creating and driving end-to-end strategy to build up new businesses from scratch.
- Able to be comfortable with ambiguity and move projects forward independently.
- Ability to work with and innovate in new sales channels and business models.
- Experience in different key categories, including softlines and hardlines, is a plus.
- Robust knowledge of the licensing landscape with a strong network in the Japanese licensing & retail landscape.
- Pop culture, lifestyle experience.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written communication skills in both English andJapanese, including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Tech Jobs For You
Principal Software Engineer (On-Site or US-based Remote)
Massdrop, San Francisco (or US-based Remote)