Manager, Publicity - Canada
Netflix, Toronto, Canada
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
To succeed in this role you will need:
- An entrepreneurial mindset, given the pace at which we operate;
- A willingness to think from first principles, challenge established wisdom and work well cross-functionally;
- A love of trying new things-- innovation drives growth;
- High standards in everything you do (we aspire to be excellent);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize is essential, along with right sizing and scaling priorities;
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get work done alongside your team and partners;
- To be a role model of inclusion and candour (per our cultural values); and
- The confidence and skills to both effectively communicate and foster strong relationships with people at all levels internally and externally.
- Work with the Head of PR to set the title and country publicity strategy for campaigns that tie our titles and talent to our brand;
- Act as a strategic thought partner to cross-functional teams, including establishing strong relationships with content leads and teams around the world;
- Increase and encourage team collaboration with cross-functional partners such as events, marketing and social teams;
- Identify key challenges and early positioning to inform campaign and country level strategy;
- Work with the team to develop cultural moments for our content across all relevant genres that are locally relevant and resonate with our consumers;
- Proactive and curious approach to understanding upcoming global and local series content slates and initiatives across verticals to inform publicity and talent strategies.
- The successful candidate will likely:
- 7+ years experience in publicity, media and/ or agency, studio or TV network;
- Deep knowledge of the entertainment industry and experience developing, overseeing and executing high profile publicity campaigns;
- Familiarity with the media landscape in Canada;
- Existing relationships with key media as well as the ability to build and maintain connections with key journalists;
- Ability to work proactively, independently and juggle multiple tasks at once;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work successfully with multiple teams; and
- Proficiency in French.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid