Senior Software Engineer - Encoding Technologies
Netflix, Remote, United States
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Are a quick learner and excited about learning new technologies
- Passionate about automated testing, code quality and engineering best practices
- Advocate software craftsmanship and take pride in your work
- Thrive in an environment with lots of context and minimal guidance
- Enjoy collaborating with engineers across functional teams and have excellent communication skills
- Enjoy taking full ownership of projects from conception to production
- 5+ years of working experiences using languages like Java, C#, C++ or similar, and have proficiency in OO design principles
- Experience in designing and developing large scale distributed systems
- Good understanding of concepts like concurrency, parallelism, event driven architecture
- MS/BS in Computer Science or a related degree
Nice to have:
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine or similar
- Experience with microservices development using Java or or similar languages
- Experience with technologies like Spring, NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, Redis, CockroachDB), Kafka, Elasticsearch
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.