Travel Manager, Originals Publicity - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Come join the largest internet television network in the world, in a newly-created role that will coordinate talent arrangements, press travel and implement a highly-efficient workflow in support of our original content that is now being produced and streamed globally. Netflix is recruiting for a Travel Manager to join our EMEA Publicity team in Amsterdam.
Take this opportunity to work with a team that is transforming television through quality content that launches worldwide, available at once, on an innovative platform that enables viewers to watch at any time, on any device. With popular series such as Stranger Things, Orange is the New Black, The Crown, Marvel's Luke Cage and many more, Netflix has grown to more than 100 million streaming members in more than 190 countries.
The Travel Manager will play a key role in supporting the growing EMEA Originals Publicity and Events team. A key component of the role will be to identify and implement process improvements across the team, whilst (in tandem) managing the team’s interaction with the processes you devise.
Tasks are varied, extensive and timely. They will include, but are not limited to: handling high-volume travel desk ; communicating with all levels of employees, regional publicity agencies, talent and talent representatives to provide exceptional service in a timely and efficient manner; ability to adjust room blocks as needed to avoid attrition penalties; able to verify hotels adhere to the comprehensive list of concessions; able to create and maintain hotel rooming lists; handle high-volume travel and hotel desk for specific events such as European festivals etc… and other duties as required.
The ideal candidate is:
- Professional and an adult.
- Calm when under pressure. Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure. A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team.
- Flexible, with the ability to pivot and adjust to the team’s needs.
- Goal and result-oriented. Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues, yet knows when to ask for help.
- Organised, organised, organised -- i.e. there's a label on your label maker -- and meticulous about the details. Every single one of them.
- Confident and able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion. A top notch communicator who is able to keep abreast of changes and communicate these key updates to partners efficiently.
- Able to take and give candid feedback.
- Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job.
- Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team.
- The successful candidate for Travel Manager will have 7+ years of entertainment/production or high touch travel program experience required in high volume environment.
- Managing or working with a travel management company
- Leadership - success in managing and growing a team
- Managing financials, budgets and program management data and analytics
- Past experience in program management
- Experienced in implementing a functional and smooth-running system of travel booking.
- Knows Google Drive like the back of their hand.
- Ablity to negotiate with vendors
- Understands operational tactics and process improvement
- Excels in internal customer service
- Quality assurance
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organise, summarise, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and do. Flourishes in a hands on role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organised.
A Smart Minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves quickly and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Is a mature adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.
Read more about our unique company culture in our memo
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit