Legal Associate, Business & Legal Affairs - Documentary Series
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
This candidate must:
- be one of the following: paralegal or legal professional (having a JD is a plus), and have 5+ years contract administration, business and legal operations coordination and drafting experience;
- have experience in the development, production and licensing of documentary or unscripted television and/or film programming;
- be familiar with filmed entertainment production and deal making;
- possess outstanding written communication, contract drafting, negotiation, and internal networking skills;
- demonstrate substantive knowledge of contract law principles;
- have strong organizational and project management skills, allowing many projects to keep moving simultaneously; and
- have a solid foundation with, and experience managing, administrative tools and databases.
The successful candidate will also possess the following abilities and traits:
- the ability to maintain a team-oriented approach while also making independent decisions under tight deadlines with imperfect information;
- the ability to discern when “process” is an encumbrance and when it is an efficiency driver;
- a solution-oriented mindset;
- the willingness to tackle matters, and the capacity to contribute effectively, outside one’s area of expertise;
- the willingness to adapt and to embrace change with enthusiasm;
- the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions, and the insight to suggest better approaches;
- a knack for making connections that other miss; and
- a default approach that favors sharing information openly and proactively.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.