Product Designer, Data Insights & Visualization
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What you will do
- Establish best practices and guidelines to up level the data visualization skills of the organization.
- Guide roadmap prioritization of high impact components and patterns.
- Collaborate with product, data science, engineering, systems, and design technology partners to lead and develop product and design strategies
- Collaborate with data science & insights teams to gain a deep understanding of the audience and their needs
- Advocate for the user, and drive a holistic UX vision that pushes the status quo
- Bring multiple stakeholders to the table to understand and solve problems
- Create simple, intuitive product experiences for complex data insights and workflows in the realm of data science, machine learning, and API services
- 6+ years of Data Visualization Design experience working on AI/ML/data science products
- Ability to abstract key data visualization artifacts for our design system
- Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse, global teams
- Self-starter with creative problem-solving skills
- Multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business
- Experience working directly with stakeholders to drive consensus and mine for value
- The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and evangelize on their behalf
- Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast
- A willingness to fail and learn
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well
- A passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.