Counsel, Licensing, Merchandising, and Partner Marketing
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
It’s an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment. Netflix has over 104 million members worldwide. The ideal candidate will thrive in our fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture
and will welcome the opportunity and challenge of building a new business from the ground up. This role will support our licensing and merchandising and partner marketing organization to drive awareness of our brand and content, and to grow subscriber numbers. This role will report to the Senior Counsel, Marketing + Merchandise.
What you will do:
Licensing + Merchandising
• Support the global licensing and merchandising team end-to-end. Advise on all aspects of licensing and merchandising, including strategy, rights, partnerships, manufacturing, health and safety, risk management, category management, licensee procurement, product development, and marketing.
• Draft, negotiate, review, and advise on a wide range of contracts and related documents related to the operation of a domestic and international multi-channel consumer products business.
• Support the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America partner marketing teams on all aspects of partnership, marketing, and license agreements. Work with global partner marketing and business development teams.
• Review and advise on advertising campaigns and creative.
Work cross-functionally with the content, marketing, communications, business development, product, finance, privacy, and government relations teams to build the L&M business, and to maximize Netflix exposure on partner marketing channels and engagement on partner devices.
Support other areas of the business as needed.
Travel internationally and domestically as needed.
What we need from you:
• Sixth - tenth year lawyer with experience at a law firm and/or in-house at an entertainment studio, agency, or consumer products company, as well as fluency with IP and advertising issues. Consumer products experience is a must, preferably in the entertainment space.
• Robust knowledge of the licensing landscape and value chain from ideation around IP through to delivery and consumer experience. Experience with various licensing and merchandising business models and related global regulatory, privacy, safety, and consumer protection regulations, as well as experience with a range of consumer products categories and channels.
• Drive and desire to build and scale our new licensing and merchandising program.
• Experience working with a global brand, including international deals.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong ability to collaborate closely with business teams that are innovating new sales channels, business models, and partnerships.
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment. Practical, risk-tolerant, and solution-oriented to achieve the best outcome for Netflix.