Applied Researcher - Experimentation
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Research and evaluate statistical methods to improve our experimentation practice. Develop best practices for conducting and interpreting experiments. A sample of our on-going projects: evaluate multiple hypothesis correction techniques, evolve our stratified sampling assignment to reduce variance (paper), develop a framework for evaluating metrics, explore sequential testing techniques.
- Partner with our experimentation platform team to drive the implementation of methodological improvements.
- Phd degree in Statistics, Econometrics or related field
- 5+ years relevant industry experience driving experimentation methods at scale.
- Deep understanding of statistics applied to AB testing
- Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Presto, MapReduce, Spark) & strong programming skills (ideally in Python or R)
A few more things to know:
- Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix Culture
- We are a tight and driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit https://www.netflix.com/
Jobs You May Like
Integration Engineer (Contract)
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA
Instructional Associate - Data Science Immersive (Full-time Contract)
General Assembly, Sydney
Sr. Software Engineer (Embedded Algorithms)
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Pricing and Profitability Analyst
System Center Configuration Manager Consultant
Catapult Systems, Austin, Texas
Data Science Manager, Host Success
Airbnb, San Francisco, California