Data Analyst, Consumer Insights & Analytics
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Partner closely with other researchers to analyze survey and social data and visualize it in new, accessible, and powerful ways.
- Create innovative data dashboards with impact.
- Proactively explore data to discover hidden insights and develop new metrics.
- Build data pipelines to gather the data from multiple sources and automate analyses in order to derive insights and answer ad-hoc questions.
- Run ad hoc analyses to answer specific day to day questions or support larger initiatives.
- Combine and append behavioral data to survey data.
- Support social analytics initiatives, visualize social data, help find new applications for social data.
- Partner with other Analytics teams outside of Consumer Insights, when applicable.
Who are you?
- You see simple patterns where others see inscrutable noise.
- You love digging into data for hidden connections.
- You are lazy in a productive way (you find tedious work boring and would rather automate it).
- You can translate from human to machine and back without losing the beauty and spirit of the intent.
- You build people what they want before they know they wanted it.
- You exhibit tenacity and thoroughness, even under pressure.
- You have vision, and consider progress exciting.
- You are known for turning work around quickly.
- You are motivated to explore new technologies and learn new things, while also recognizing that many satisfactory ideas and implementations may already exist. You see engineering as a means, not an end.
- A fan of entertainment content is a strong plus.
The technical experience that will help you succeed:
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact.
- Strong experience writing queries regularly and using Tableau.
- Experience with / interest in survey-based and social data.
- Strong data visualizations skills to convey information and results clearly.
- Strong SQL skills required. Experience with distributed databases and query languages like Hive a plus.
- Strong statistical knowledge, Proficiency with a statistical analysis tool such as R preferred.
- MicroStrategy experience a plus.
- Experience with AWS Redshift, Presto, Hive, Hadoop and other distributed processing systems a plus, but not required.
- MS/BS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, CS, Econometrics or related field preferred.
A few more things to know:
- We expect a lot. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix company culture.
- We are a tight and driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work. We also support a balanced lifestyle.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit https://www.netflix.com/
Jobs You May Like
Teads, Miami, Florida
Research Services Opportunity Fulfillment
Qualtrics , Provo
Senior Data Scientist
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Recruiting Operations and Analytics Lead
Qualtrics , Provo, UT
Kurtosys, Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa
Security Operations Analyst