Senior Manager of Product Innovation - Search
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Developing cutting edge query understanding and ranking algorithms for search results
- Creating effective organization and navigation models for search results pages
- Providing relevant and compelling evidence to inform member choices
- Be a passionate advocate for great member experience, especially in search
- Be an articulate and persuasive communicator, as both a writer and a speaker, who uses data to support your arguments.
- Map business value to tractable search metrics and machine learning objectives to support a variety of diverse applications.
- Provide guidance and insights to non-technical audiences and hold your own with world-class experts on machine learning and data science.
What we’re looking for:
- Post graduate education (MS or PhD) in an applied quantitative field such as : Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations research, Information theory, Control theory, Econometrics etc
- 4+ years experience using mathematical modeling and machine learning to solve business problems, especially recommendation systems
- 3+ years of product management experience, ideally with a consumer technology product
- Record of strong product vision and execution
- Organizational leadership and influence without relying on hierarchy
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills: great memos and presentations are extremely important
- Deep understanding statistical hypothesis testing and A/B methods
A couple of things worth knowing:
- Though this is a senior role, you won’t have any direct reports. Instead you will have the freedom to focus on significant business impact while orchestrating the work of impressive teams.
- Our culture is a bit unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix at www.netflix.com/Jobs.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Ad Tech Manager
Badoo, London, UK
Eventbrite, Vancouver, British Columbia
Senior Product Designer
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
Senior Product Manager, Vendor Marketplace
Massdrop, San Francisco
Senior Product Manager, Field Delivery - Pivotal Cloud Foundry Solutions
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, Chicago, Denver, New York
Senior Product Writer, User Experience