- Together with the Chief Product Officer, develop and execute on a technology and platform vision and strategy that aligns with the overall company goals and can scale across multiple brands and properties.
- Guide the creation and maintenance of an architecture necessary to deliver the functionality, scalability, and performance the company needs in order to compete and thrive. Architect software solutions that are secure, scalable, extensible, and maintainable.
- Build and lead the technology team, a part of our broader product development function, with a strong management team committed to growing the collective capability of the team while providing feedback and mentorship around all facets of the development process.
- Partner closely with Product, Design, Data Science, and other stakeholders to establish a clearly defined product development and design process, with a focus on delivering quality experiences on time.
- Define the long term strategy for Clay, our home-grown CMS/publishing platform, interface with both existing licensees, and be an integral part of ongoing sales cycle for future partnerships.
- Oversee the design, development, testing, and documentation of software applications, ensuring that New York Media can rapidly, reliably, and repeatedly deliver quality products to market.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest technology trends and actively contribute throughout product discovery.
- Serve as the company spokesperson for the product development/technology organization, demonstrating leadership in the community with developers, partners and customers.
- Work with other product development teams to translate product goals into achievable technology solutions with realistic product roadmaps.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- 10 years of progressive technology & engineering experience, including experience with architecting, developing, and launching software products
- Minimum of five years experience in a managerial position directly overseeing engineers, web developers, software engineers, dev ops, and others, including experience with recruitment and managing team performance
- Knowledge of and experience in digital media, ideally in an innovative publisher environment
- Experience successfully bringing new products to market, on time and on budget, that achieve success in the marketplace.
- Experience prioritizing competing objectives and communicating rationale for complicated decision-making.
- Detail-oriented, superior organizational skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to work on multiple initiatives in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills and the ability to persuade, build alignment, and work in a team.
- Understanding of UX & Design principles
- A fast decision maker with strong process & project management skills
- AWS and other cloud Technologies such as EC2, ECS, API Gateway, Lambda, SNS, SQS, S3, CloudWatch, Route53, Networking, and ALB/ELB, Security
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
About New York Media
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture.
Want to learn more about New York Media? Visit New York Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Développeur graphique (Graphics Developer)
Moment Factory, Montréal
Smarkets, London, UK
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Penumbra, Alameda, CA
Backend Software Engineer (Houston)
Vroom, Houston, TX
Principal Front End Engineer
Domino Data Lab, Bengaluru
Lead Hardware Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco