Newsday is looking to add a Senior Accountant to their Financial reporting team in the Melville office.
- Assist in month-end close process, which includes recording various journal entries and offer well thought out suggestions on where improvements are needed and how they should be implemented.
- Assist in month-end close procedures including review and/or preparation of accruals and variances for assigned departments.
- Prepare/review various balance sheet account analysis for assigned areas on a monthly basis.
- Prepare quarterly and year-end schedules to support financial statements.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Assist in various quarterly physical inventory procedures.
- Assist in internal control documentation and testing, as needed.
- Perform special projects and ad hoc analysis on an as needed basis.
- Work within Company’s code of conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant, or in the process of obtaining license.
- Typically requires minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible experience in accounting /auditing related positions.
- Must have strong accounting and analytical skills and the ability to work under time constraints.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and work additional hours as needed.
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize workloads.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; knowledge of Oracle Financials a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.
About Newsday Media Group
Newsday Media Group (NMG) is one of the nation’s most dynamic media organizations, serving Long Island and New York City through its portfolio of mobile and digital products, print publications and live events. With 19 Pulitzer Prizes and other esteemed awards for outstanding journalism, our mission and vision is to engage consumers and businesses by connecting them to the communities in which they live, work and play
Want to learn more about Newsday Media Group? Visit Newsday Media Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Legal Counsel (EMEA)
Knotel, Knotel London
Senior Paralegal, Commercial/Contracts Manager
Wish, San Francisco, California
Favor, Austin, TX
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Mixpanel, San Francisco
Compensation Analyst - Finance
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey