Newsday is looking for an Operations Analyst - Administrator to assist with the strategic planning and analysis, metrics reporting, budget and vendor performance tracking. Using a high proficiency in Microsoft Excel and a strong working knowledge of newspaper and 3rd party Print, Pack and Deliver partner(s) operations, this position will develop and maintain a variety of performance reports and models.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Prepare, maintain and distribute weekly and monthly expense and revenue reports to provide management with financial results to aid in decision-making on key operating performance metrics.
- Provide information to management to assist in the identifying trends and determining financial and other performance by comparing and analyzing budgets and forecasts with actual results.
- Develop models to perform analysis
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting as needed.
- Provide assistance in creating presentations for senior management in various strategic analyses.
- Assist in system integrations as well as related report testing / validation.
- Answer employee and manager inquiries about revenue and expenses.
- Obtain statistical information; compile data; set-up and maintain confidential records, reports and files. Follow-up on request from colleagues/managers and supply information that is within scope of authority.
- Compile data for and prepare a variety of reports.
- Responsible for overseeing DOT files including maintaining of the drivers DOT folders. Support overall efforts to maintain 100% DOT, DMV & FMCSA compliance. Identify potential issues and make recommendations as needed.
- Oversee and ensure all accident reports are processed and records of all accidents are maintained.
- Maintain records for Newsday’s fleet including but not limited to those associated with insurance and taxation.
- Oversee all department payables including processing all invoices, placing orders for supplies and other general department spending. Maintain records for all invoices and payables. Assist in the departments zero base and compensation planning. Assist in the preparation for all period close and forecast meetings.
- Communicate with all levels of management on information relating to projects or any other requests.
- Proactively reviews administrative processes and protocols and make appropriate recommendations to management to insure optimal efficiencies in workflow.
- Perform a variety of additional administrative duties to support company goals.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2-4 years of analytical experience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on projects with a minimum of specific instruction; ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a deadline driven environment with changing priorities.
- Knowledge of the inner-workings/culture of Newsday a plus.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem solving abilities and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of running Business Objects reports strongly preferred.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
About Newsday Media Group
Newsday Media Group (NMG) is one of the nation’s most dynamic media organizations, serving Long Island and New York City through its portfolio of mobile and digital products, print publications and live events. With 19 Pulitzer Prizes and other esteemed awards for outstanding journalism, our mission and vision is to engage consumers and businesses by connecting them to the communities in which they live, work and play