Inside Sales Executive
Newsela, New York
Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights.
Newsela is a technology company that helps students build their literacy skills using daily news. More than two years since our launch, Newsela is already in 70% of schools in across all 50 U.S. states, and has also been penetrating into over 180 other countries. We are setting a new standard for what students and educators can expect of their software: well-designed, intuitive, personalized, captivating and addictive.
You’re an inside sales professional who knows how to sell an online software-as-a-service (SaaS) product. Newsela has close to 1 million teacher and school leader users on its free content platform. Your job is to convert them to PRO, our subscription assessment platform.
As a member of the Inside Sales Executive Team, you'll be a part of an innovative group that is challenging the traditional education sales model. You'll be responsible for speaking with teachers and other education professionals in school districts across the U.S., and even overseas. What does it take to build grassroots communities with the goal of closing a sale? Join our team and you'll help craft a robust sales process aimed at building consensus, gaining trust, and forging lasting relationships.
We’re seeking an individual who wants to work in a new exciting company in one of the hottest start-up sectors. If you want to be a part of a collaborative team where you’ll help decide the future of a fast-growing company, check out the details below.
Under the guidance of the Inside Sales Manager, you will:
- Achieve daily goals by calling and following up with customers as part of various sales campaigns.
- Partner with Sales Development Representatives to qualify leads and determine the best next steps in the sales process.
- Strive for data integrity and track opportunities through Salesforce.com
- Represent the Newsela mission and communicate the value of PRO to potential customers
- Create partnership agreements and create contracts customized for new customers.
- Continually close business to exceed sales targets and drive revenue.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ year experience in inbound or outbound sales
- 1+ year experience with Salesforce.com
- Demonstrated ability to achieve individual sales goals
- Demonstrated social media expertise and understanding of the role of social media in the sales process.
- A team player – you have a track record of working collaboratively as part of a larger team on a mission.
- Process-oriented – you are obsessed with efficiency, removing roadblocks for the Sales team.
- A solid communicator – you enjoy working with internal partners to solve problems.
- Entrepreneurial – you thrive on creating things that didn’t previously exist.
- Analytical – you love to mine data, unlocking key insights that drive strategic decision-making
- Prior experience working in a primary or secondary school environment.
Newsela is an education technology startup dedicated to transforming the way students access the world through words. Their team combines powerful technological know-how with real-world experience earned in the classroom, the newsroom, and the boardroom. They publish high-interest news and nonfiction articles daily at five levels of complexity for grades 2-12 using a proprietary, rapid text-leveling process. By combining relevant and interesting nonfiction content with standards-aligned assessments, Newsela gives educators the primary solution to dramatically improve students’ literacy skills for the 21st century.
Want to learn more about Newsela? Visit Newsela's website.
Jobs You May Like
Store Supervisor - Boston
Casper, Boston, MA
Business Development Representative - Southern Europe
TravelPerk, Barcelona - Spain
Wizeline, Los Angeles, USA (Remote)
Feedvisor, New York, NY
Enterprise Sales Director- EMEA
Cloud Technology Partners, London, UK
Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant