Product Manager, Growth
Newsela, New York, NY
Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights.
Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. Four years since our launch, Newsela is in 75% of US schools, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
We work in cross-functional teams, spanning engineering, design, product, operations, and growth. In this role, you’ll be responsible for increasing the acquisition, engagement, conversion, and retention of the user base of Newsela’s teachers, students, administrators, parents and independent readers. We’re seeking an entrepreneurial product manager who can pair quantitative insights with qualitative findings. We expect this product manager to work with data scientists, designers, engineers, researchers and marketers on a daily basis to build scalable acquisition channels and a first-class onboarding experience.
This role will be expected to track key performance indicators and report results to leaders across the company on a regular cadence. The ideal candidate will have significant experience working on software products, in addition to a strong analytical background.
- Work in a fast-paced, high-impact team of engineers, designers, marketers, and data analysts to develop and prioritize new strategies, product initiatives, and growth programs.
- Partner with the marketing and customer success teams to bring cohesion to all product-based acquisition efforts, from strategy through design and execution.
- Design and develop experiments, analyze patterns and trends, and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Lead cross-functional teams to prioritize and pursue the highest impact opportunities.
- Identify, optimize and scale acquisition channels such as Learning Management Systems and technical integration services such as Clever to enable easy account provisioning and single sign-on for teachers and students.
- Set and own aggressive growth targets and results.
The Ideal Candidate
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years professional experience.
- Demonstrated record of success in driving user or revenue growth through experimentation
- Demonstrated understanding of the analytic techniques that are required to be successful in this role
- 5+ years working in a product marketing, product management, engineering, data science or growth and performance marketing capacity.
A Few Plusses
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
Newsela is strongly committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. Newsela will make all employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Newsela is an education technology startup dedicated to transforming the way students access the world through words. Their team combines powerful technological know-how with real-world experience earned in the classroom, the newsroom, and the boardroom. They publish high-interest news and nonfiction articles daily at five levels of complexity for grades 2-12 using a proprietary, rapid text-leveling process. By combining relevant and interesting nonfiction content with standards-aligned assessments, Newsela gives educators the primary solution to dramatically improve students’ literacy skills for the 21st century.