Product Manager, Interoperability
Newsela, New York, NY
Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights.
Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. Four years since our launch, Newsela is in 75% of US schools, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
We’re looking for an amazing Product Manager who will drive strategy and tactics to help our product ease the way for teachers and schools incorporating Newsela into their ecosystem of products, from learning management systems to SSO / Rostering tools. Amidst the disruption happening in digital learning today schools are swimming in solutions that add complexity without solving core instructional problems. With your leadership, Newsela will stand out as a product that plays exceptionally well with others and saves teachers time in getting them and their students straight to the content and the reading experience that they’re depending on to drive learning outcomes.
Your success will be measured on your ability to simplify the user journey from the moment they decide to use Newsela to their direct access to our product. Essential to your method and leadership of the product’s efforts will be a deep, first-hand knowledge of the challenges faced by the technology integration specialists and directors of digital learning across the country, in districts large and small, urban and rural; these are your users. Excelling in this role means spending extensive time in classrooms and speaking with technical leadership in districts who want to harvest the maximum benefit of our content and reading experience with the lightest lift. You will translate this research into clear problem statements and build solutions for the Product and Community teams to ensure our schools are successful.
- Own Newsela’s interoperability/integrations roadmap, from forming the vision to identifying strategic opportunities and setting performance indicators, to planning the tactics and executing on the roadmap, continuously adjusting course based on what you learn.
- Lead fast-paced, cross-functional teams to drive innovation, pursue high impact opportunities, and continuously iterate.
- Optimize current and build new interoperability mechanisms to maximize ease of use and connect teachers and students with the Newsela experience as seamlessly as possible.
- Develop and maintain industry-leading point of view on the ill-structured challenges faced by integration and digital learning specialists. Develop strategies and tactics to solve these challenges.
- Collaborate with the Newsela Community team to stay abreast of trends in a fast-moving market environment with continuously-shifting customer expectations and compose actionable guidance to support school and district implementation planning.
- Partner closely with our Data team to gather and analyze data and report on various metrics.
The Ideal Candidate
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years professional experience.
- 5+ years working in a product management role.
- Demonstrated record of success in establishing interoperability product vision and strategy and leading implementation teams, resulting in measurable real world impact.
- Demonstrated understanding of analytic techniques that are required to be successful in this role.
A Few Plusses
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
Newsela is strongly committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. Newsela will make all employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Newsela is an education technology startup dedicated to transforming the way students access the world through words. Their team combines powerful technological know-how with real-world experience earned in the classroom, the newsroom, and the boardroom. They publish high-interest news and nonfiction articles daily at five levels of complexity for grades 2-12 using a proprietary, rapid text-leveling process. By combining relevant and interesting nonfiction content with standards-aligned assessments, Newsela gives educators the primary solution to dramatically improve students’ literacy skills for the 21st century.
Want to learn more about Newsela? Visit Newsela's website.
Jobs You May Like
Scoop, San Francisco, California
Systems Engineering Program Manager
eero, San Francisco
Qumulo, Seattle Office (HQ)
Senior Product Manager
Senior/Principal Product Manager
ZenProspect, San Francisco