Newsela, Mountain View
Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights.
Newsela’s mission is to unlock the written word for everyone. We’re an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. Five years since our launch, Newsela is in 75% of US schools, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
As a Partnership Manager, you will oversee relationships and operations with our 40+ content providers. You will do this through email/calls, in-person meetings at conferences, providing performance reports, negotiating terms, crafting and maintaining documentation, and conveying requests to use specific pieces of content. Additionally, you will be the point person within our Content team on all matters around partner agreement terms (e.g. “Can we use this article from National Geographic?”) and copyright (e.g. “Is this article in the public domain?”).
By keep our content partners happy, you will ensure that we can continue providing our 12 million students and teachers with high quality, meaningful content from reputable sources.
You will work closely with the other two members of our Partnerships sub-team within the larger Content department.
Within 100 Days, You Will:
- Differentiate and categorize each partner by priority, opportunities, risks, etc.
- Hold introductory calls with high priority partners
- Implement a system for tracking content requests
- Develop a curriculum to educate the Content team on rights and permissions
- Take point on sending article usage reports to content partners
- Send a newsletter to all content partners sharing Newsela’s state and direction
- Work with your manager to define and begin working towards your professional development goals
- Build relationships with our 40+ content partners
- Be the first to know about upcoming series of content from our partners
- Translating requests from our Content team to our content partners
- Educate and serve as a resource for Content team on all things copyright, permissions, and public domain
- Renegotiate and renew licensing agreements
- Pull and organize data for internal recordkeeping and external reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of fast-growing experience in an external-facing role (e.g. partnerships, account management, sales, business development)
You’re Good At:
- Demonstrating your zeal for education and our mission
- Keeping track of numerous relationships and licensing terms
- Writing highly persuasive emails
- Engaging others on phone calls and in person
- Systematically and doggedly following up with opportunities
- Leading meetings with external executives
- Negotiating firmly and fairly with external stakeholders
Newsela is strongly committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. Newsela will make all employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Newsela is an education technology startup dedicated to transforming the way students access the world through words. Their team combines powerful technological know-how with real-world experience earned in the classroom, the newsroom, and the boardroom. They publish high-interest news and nonfiction articles daily at five levels of complexity for grades 2-12 using a proprietary, rapid text-leveling process. By combining relevant and interesting nonfiction content with standards-aligned assessments, Newsela gives educators the primary solution to dramatically improve students’ literacy skills for the 21st century.
Want to learn more about Newsela? Visit Newsela's website.
Jobs You May Like
Yieldify, New York
Senior Software Engineer, Data Science Applications
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Director of Mid-Market Marketing
Yotpo, New York
Principal Product Designer
DNAnexus, Mountain View
Digital Product Designer
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
Production engineering Lead - Cloud Platform
Shopify, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto