Nextdoor’s mission is to leverage the power of technology to build stronger and safer neighbourhoods everywhere. Over 15,000 neighbourhoods across the U.K. now use Nextdoor to share local events, find lost pets, recommend local service providers, give away or sell household items they no longer need, share information about neighbourhood safety, and discuss local issues.
Nextdoor’s Neighbourhood Operations Team helps members build stronger and safer communities by guiding them through the process of joining and starting Nextdoor neighbourhood websites, growing these websites to become important resources for their communities, and helping them to resolve any issues that could reduce the value of Nextdoor in their neighbourhood.
When members communicate on Nextdoor, they are expected to be neighbourly and to treat each other with respect as described in Nextdoor’s Community Guidelines. In most neighbourhoods, members do a great job of abiding by these Guidelines, but in some instances disagreements among neighbours, differences in backgrounds, abrasive personalities, or controversial local issues can cause discussions on Nextdoor to become less civil.
As a Neighbourhood Management Support Contractor, you will work with Nextdoor members in neighbourhoods across the country to ensure that discussions on Nextdoor remain neighbourly even when these types of conflict arise. You’ll also work on creating efficiencies in our support processes and programs that will enable us to scale up our support as we grow across the U.K. You will represent the voice of members to the rest of the organisation to ensure that everyone working to improve the Nextdoor product fully understands our members’ needs.
This role will include working weekends where you’ll be working remotely. Weekdays will be in the office with the UK team.
Finally, as part of the small but mighty UK team, you’ll have the spirit that no job is too small or too large and a strong teamwork ethic.
If this sounds interesting, we want to meet you!
- Respond to user issues and questions in a timely and positive manner that builds loyalty to Nextdoor
- Help members resolve conflicts in a way that both upholds Nextdoor Guidelines and is fair to everyone
- Provide feedback to members and neighbourhood Leads to help them act proactively to prevent disagreements from becoming uncivil
- Guide users through the steps of joining or starting a Nextdoor website for their neighbourhood and helping it grow and become more active
- Help to develop and implement programs and processes that enable Nextdoor to scale its support efforts
- Ensure member support metrics are met
- Be the voice of Nextdoor to our members
Skills and experience:
- A passion for helping people
- Exceptional communication skills (particularly when communicating online)
- The ability to work effectively and independently
- The ability to quickly grasp technical concepts, analyse problems and implement creative solutions
- 2-7 years of experience in a high performance organisation, a plus
- Direct experience with Salesforce, or other customer support software, a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tableau, or other analytics software a plus
- Casual, open office environment
- Company backed pension
- Central London location close to awesome food, shopping, and good transport options
- Salary £12/ hour
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Want to learn more about Nextdoor? Visit Nextdoor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Support Operator - UK
Enjoy, London, England