Are you eager to build scalable infrastructure for a community-focused product? Do you want to develop and support important machine learning initiatives that will help neighbors discover their own local scene? Would you like to join a growing company to play a large role in shaping its future? If so, we’d love to meet you.
We are looking for an infrastructure-minded machine-learning engineer who can build a scalable ML platform in a rapidly changing company. In this role, the engineer will focus on developing training, serving, and monitoring infrastructure for machine learning models. The engineer should also be well-versed in working with data, building models, and understanding how to interpret and monitor model outputs. This infrastructure will support the ability to personalize the Nextdoor experience to our members. As a result, you will be laying the foundation for a critical part of Nextdoor’s mission.
- BS in relevant technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of industry/academic experience building machine learning models and infrastructure at scale
- Proven engineering skills. Experience writing and maintaining high-quality production code. Python experience a plus
- Ability to work with and analyze large amounts of data
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic startup environment
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your dependents
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- Free catered dinners Monday through Thursday and catered lunch on Wednesdays
- Monthly gym stipend
- One time cell phone & headphone stipend
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Two paid volunteer days off
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks and candy
- La Marzocco espresso machine with Blue Bottle coffee
- Health FSA
- 401K plan
To learn more, check out our engineering blog at https://engblog.nextdoor.com.
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.