Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Are you passionate about using the power of technology to build community? Do you believe residents can strengthen their neighborhoods through dialog and collaboration? Would you like to join a transformative company and play a meaningful role in crafting its future? If so, we’d love to meet you.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to help us manifest our mission to unite communities into an engaging, high-quality experience for our mobile users.
- Work with a group of talented mobile engineers to build out the robust, performant, and scalable foundation of our consumer-facing iOS app for product feature teams. This includes promoting iOS architecture standard methodologies, understanding innards of the platform capabilities, and incorporating the latest tool chains.
- Work with engineers on feature teams to mentor and guide them on iOS platform specific issues
- Contribute to core product features along with product managers and designers
- BS in relevant technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Deep experience with iOS platform and SDK
- Swift experience and deep understanding of Objective-C are highly desired
- Track record of shipping non-trivial consumer facing iOS applications
- Strong understanding of mobile development and engineering best practice.
- Extensive knowledge of testing best practices including unit and integration testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools
- Strong collaboration and communication skills both verbal and written
- An ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced start-up environment
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your dependents
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- Free catered dinners Monday through Thursday and catered lunch on Wednesdays
- Monthly gym stipend
- One time cell phone & headphone stipend
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Two paid volunteer days off
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks and candy
- La Marzocco espresso machine with Blue Bottle coffee
- Health FSA
- 401K plan
To learn more, check out our engineering blog at https://engblog.nextdoor.com.
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.